This page contains materials for introductory courses on Data science and R that are taught at the University of Konstanz:
Data science for psychologists (ds4psy)
- Textbook: Data science for psychologists (https://bookdown.org/hneth/ds4psy/)
- R package ds4psy (https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=ds4psy)
- Course syllabus (Summer 2020)
- Neth, H. (2020). ds4psy: Data Science for Psychologists.
Social Psychology and Decision Sciences, University of Konstanz, Germany.
Textbook and R package (version 0.2.0, April 20, 2020).
Retrieved from https://bookdown.org/hneth/ds4psy/.
For additional materials see the classic r4ds textbook:
- Wickham, H., & Grolemund, G. (2017). R for data science: Import, tidy, transform, visualize, and model data. Sebastopol, Canada: O’Reilly Media, Inc.
[Available online at http://r4ds.had.co.nz.]
Basic data and decision analysis in R
Taught at the University of Konstanz (Winter 2017/2018)
- Syllabus with current course description and links to various resources
- YaRrr! The Pirate’s Guide to R: An ebook by Nathaniel D. Phillips
Weekly programming assignments (WPAs)
- WPA00: Seeing what R can do (Oct. 23, 2017) | Answers (Oct. 26, 2017)
- WPA01: Basics, scalars and vectors (Oct. 30, 2017) | Answers (Nov. 02, 2017)
- WPA02: Vector functions, indexing vectors (Nov. 06, 2017) | Answers (Nov. 09, 2017)
- WPA03: Matrices and data frames, managing the workspace (Nov. 13, 2017) | Answers (Nov. 16, 2017)
- WPA04: Advanced data frame manipulation (Nov. 20, 2017) | Answers (Nov. 23, 2017)
- WPA05: Graphics (Nov. 27, 2017) | Answers (Nov. 30, 2017)
- WPA06: Statistics 1: 1- and 2-sample hypothesis testing (Dec. 04, 2017) | Answers (Dec. 07, 2017)
- WPA07: Statistics 2: ANOVAs (Dec. 11, 2017) | Answers (Dec. 14, 2017)
- WPA08: Statistics 3: Linear Regression (Dec. 18, 2017) | Answers (Dec. 21, 2017)
- WPA09: Writing functions and loops (Jan. 08, 2018) | Answers (Jan. 11, 2018)
- WPA10: Data cleaning and wrangling (Jan. 15, 2018) | Answers (Jan, 18, 2018)
- WPA11: Using FFTrees for constructing and evaluating FFTs (Jan. 22, 2018)
- A simple R Markup (
.Rmd) template for completing WPAs
- A more extensive introduction to R Markup (including corresponding